15.7.08

The Blog is Back

Jungle green koala has returned!

I know it's been awhile, but I'm excited to be back. With this post, the blog is taking a shift. The blog is shifting from commentary on a variety of issues to more of a personal focus. In actuality this is no shift at all I suppose because isn't the personal just as political as the political? Yeah, I think so (thanks Second Wave).

So, why? Well, because I have just started my new job. I've just started my job as a National Peer Educator with the sexual assault prevention non-profit One in Four, Inc. I'll be living on an RV for about the next year, traveling around the nation presenting on the issue of sexual violence to mainly collegiate audiences.

And, I'm thrilled! As you all know, sexual violence sets me in motion. I so desperately want to see a cultural change that responds with appropriate outrage about the existence of sexual violence. How great is it to reach such a huge audience with this message- and, see the country!

I'm excited to share my journey with you. I'm excited to tell you of the RV and to tell you of the people I meet. I hope this conversation is as exciting for you as it is for me!

2 comments:

becky said...

I'm excited.
I mean, first because I just hands-down love blogs, but also because Berry is going to be a drabber place without you around doin' your thing, so it's good to potentially be able to keep up with you.

Hannah said...

Yay! I'm so happy the blog is back!